Do you have what it takes to volunteer with Citizens Advice?
Volunteer Adviceline Telephone Assessor
Advice Centre, County Hall, High Street, Newport, Isle Of Wight, PO30 1UD
A telephone assessor is a diverse role and you'll not be expected to know it all. We train all our telephone assessors, which help in developing the skills needed to deliver an excellent level of service to our clients.
As a telephone assessor you'd:
- be the first point of access for Citizens Advice clients and when they call our national telephone service number
- help with a wide range of problems and issues our clients face
- support the general public across all ages and backgrounds
- give information from our Citizens Advice online information system and other sources to our clients
- refer our clients to more specialist advice where needed
- keep records of all our clients cases on the database
- help prevent future problems for wider society by identifying issues that affect a lot of our clients.
You don't need specific qualifications or experience to train for the role. You need to:
- be good at listening
- have a good telephone manner
- be confident or familiar with keyboard skills, including searching the internet
- be confident inputting data
- maintain case records
- be open minded and not judge clients
- enjoy helping people.