Do you have what it takes to volunteer with Citizens Advice?
Information assistant based with Ryde Aspire team
Ryde Aspire, Isle of Wight
- To provide assisted digital support using services and carrying out transactions online
- To promote the the use of PCs and the role of information in resolving problems.
- To provide information about the local Citizens Advice and other advice services to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
- To enable clients to develop the skills and confidence they need to use digital technology effectively.
- Explaining the service to members of the public.
- Supporting clients with using self-help services including kiosks, PCs and tablets.
- Helping clients to identify the correct leaflet, self-help resource or service provider.
- Identifying when clients need to be referred for more help.
- Signposting clients appropriately to suit their needs following agreed protocols.
- Recording client numbers and issues.
This position is for Wednesday mornings only.
Full training supplied at our Newport office. Any expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
References are required for this position.
- Competence in using IT to complete forms and conduct transactions online
- Ability to offer help appropriately and sensitively in a public environment
- An understanding of why confidentiality is important.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being open and approachable.
- Respect for views, values and cultures that are different from your own.
- A commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service.
- A positive attitude to self-development and assessment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to recognise the limits and boundaries of the role.