If you have had to self-isolate and cannot work from home, you might be able to get a single payment of £500 from the Isle of Wight Council.

To get the payment you must be or have been self-isolating at home because either:

  • you tested positive for coronavirus
  • the NHS told you to

You can’t get the payment just because you have to quarantine when you enter the UK from abroad.

To get the payment you’ll have to show you have no income or a low income for the period of isolation.

You should automatically get the payment if you get at least one of these benefits:

  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credits
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit

If you’re not getting any of the benefits, you could still get the payment if you’re struggling with your living costs. Your local council will decide based on your income and savings. People earning between £80 and £290 gross per week (including SSP) might be entitled to a payment on Discretionary grounds.

You cannot get a payment if you are a Full-time Student or have more than £6,000 in savings.

In order to apply, you need to fill in the form on the Isle of Wight Council website within 28 days of the end of your self-isolation period.

You will need the following information to hand:

  • Your National Insurance Number
  • Your NHS Test and Trace reference ID
  • Proof of earnings - bank statement/payslip/self employed accounts


We can help

If you would like advice on this and other financial support available, please get in touch. 

Call us on 0800 144 8848 or fill in our webform and one of our Advisers will be able to help.