The Citizens Advice Tax Team is reminding Self Assessment customers to check that they have the correct information in order to complete their tax return online.

Any customer who is new to Self Assessment must register via GOV.UK to receive their Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR).

This year, customers will also have to declare if they received any grants or payments from COVID-19 support schemes up to 5 April 2021 as these are taxable, including:

  • Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
  • Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
  • other COVID-19 grants and support payments such as self-isolation payments, local authority grants and those for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme

Contact the Citizens Advice Tax Team on 01983 823898 ext. 2836 or email [email protected] for any help you may need.